Month: May 2016

Sansevieria bud

image

I literally yelled hooray… After about seven to eight months my sansevieria cuttings finally are showing some new growth!

Advertisements

Echevaria Propagation

Since this is such a slow, slow process, it’s occasionally nice to look back through the blog at pictures of the plants to take a good perspective on their progress.

Right now I’m looking at the Black Prince propagations.

Echevaria Black Prince Propagation #1: End of April/Start of May.  Two to three rosettes on each leaf!

Just two months ago, I had posted a picture of them looking like this:

20160302_205342.jpg
Echevaria Black Prince Propagation: Beginning of March

Now I currently only have two of the black prince leaves still going (of the three I started), and one of two nodulosa leaves.  Looking back, I’m currently at three months progress on these propagations show at the top.

20160207_110233
Echeveria Black Prince and Nodulosa leaves, starting at the beginning of February.

Lithops Seeds in a Petri Dish

The lithops seeds that I started a few weeks ago are suffering a severe issue with algae/fungus on the top of the soil.

Someone shared with me the technique in this video, and as strange as it may seem – I’m going to give it a go!  I sterilized some sand in the oven today, and I’m using a some cotton swaps in a take out container to start 10-15 in a second batch.  I’m not sure how it will work out with the fact that the cotton is essentially planted along with the seedlings in the long run; but the adult lithops in the video seem to be doing okay.  I figured it was worth 10-15 seeds to give it a try!