Echeveria: Week 1

Thursday night, roughly one week after staring the Echeveria seeds, I didn’t see much activity.  I had moved them to a basement setup where I lower the shop lights and set the plants on a tall box so they are relatively close together – I had done this last spring for starting a few flats of annuals and it worked.  A cheap 90 cent thermometer at Lowes told me the average temp (thanks to the furnace’s location in the basement) was ranging about 70-72 degrees, which had me a little nervous since I had been told the seeds wouldn’t sprout above 70 degrees.

So I cracked open the pots, hit them with another couple of spritzes of my diluted peroxide mix (more on that in the original post) – and recapped them.  By Friday morning, the first signs of life were visible if you look VERY VERY closely.

ech_week1
Echeveria – week 1

So, this endeavor has promise to not be a complete bust.  As of Saturday, each of the four cups shows signs of at least one sprout; and two cups have two that I see so far.  Now to watch and wait!

ech_week0
The basement seed starting configuration
Advertisements

One thought on “Echeveria: Week 1

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s